Monday, May 21, 2007

The Earth Revolves Around The Sun and Other Atheist Lies

According to this blogger, writing in support of right-wing presidential candidate (and, it appears, possible Holocaust denier) Sam Brownback, we commie pinko atheists who hate America are also the ones perpetuating the lie that the Earth orbits the sun rather than the other way round. A lie clearly falsfified by "empiricism," the author tells us, since "If it [the Earth] moved, we would feel it moving."

Plus, did you know that math can magically make things happen? It's true: "The earth moves only thru [sic] abstract, abstruse, and esoteric mathematics invented to make it move." Just by inventing new mathematics, we can apparently push entire planets around! Who knew?* I should have spent more time on my calculus classes...

Then, in the comments, this blogger gives us a gem, by way of responding to a comment that literally interpreting the Bible to mean that the Earth is stationary would also mean accepting that bats are birds: "Bats are birds, they fly. They may be mammals in one sense, but in the sense that they have wings, and all winged non-arthropods are birds, they are birds." Priceless!

The jury is out on whether this site is parody or not. I have to say it is disturbing how hard it is to tell loonies from satirists on the internets. Maybe I'll ask teh Goggle.

* All right, dumb question. The Logopolitans, of course.

3 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Zeinrich said...

Hee hee, Logopolitans.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Zeinrich said...

Wow, I can't tell if that site's a spoof or not. I just can't. Sometimes I think I can tell... but suddenly I can't. It all sounds so silly, and too well written to be anything but a spoof. But then...

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger mooglar said...

I'm with ya, brother. Some of the comments are so dead on that they almost seem like they'd have to be parody, but damn, it's hard to tell with this site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home