Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Right Decision

I'm not fan of the British royal family. Not a big hater, either. Don't care about 'em much either way. And I'm certainly not a fan of the rich and powerful getting out of military service while the less fortunate don't.

But I think it's the right decision not to send Prince Harry to Iraq. For one thing, though all the troops in Iraq are in harm's way, he'd be such a big target that I have to think he'd almost certainly end up getting killed. It's fair for the rich and powerful to share the risk, but not necessarily to take a vastly greater risk like Harry would be doing.

Plus, he'd be such a danger to his comrades. He would put them in much greater danger as well, and that just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

I don't like letting someone get out of his responsibilities just for being rich or famous, but in this case, I think I have to agree that, on balance, it wouldn't be fair to Harry or his compatriots to send him to Iraq. I could be wrong on this one, but that's how I see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home