Monday, January 10, 2005

The "Republic" For Which It Stands

As noted by Media Matters here, neither the media nor the populace seem to care about the massive voting irregularities in Ohio this past November, nor in the fact that the electoral votes of a state were challenged by Congress for the first time in over one hundred years.

I don't know who really won the election. And that's the problem. The voting irregularities and the tricks, lies, and intimidation used by the right to rig the election make it impossible for me not to at least think it is possible that those things determined the victor.

I am no longer sure that I really do live in a republic in even the broadest possible sense. Many contend that this nation has been an oligarchy for some time now, but I'm not even sure it's a secret any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home