Friday, January 07, 2005

Talk About Getting the Upper Hand...

I heard on NPR the other day that an Australian woman caught in the tsunami was faced with a sort of Sophie's choice as she was caught in the swirling water. She wasn't able to hold on to both her children, a 2-year-old girl and a 5-year-old boy, so she had to choose who to hold onto and who to let go of. She let go of the boy.

But guess what? The boy survived anyway.

That kid now has something to lord over his mother forever.

"Clean your room."
"I would, but I was just thinking about how you let me go to die..."

"You can't have a toy."
"Okay. I was just hoping it would help fill the hole in my heart from knowing you let me go to die..."

"Eat your vegetables."
"Well, I'd rather just have some dessert, but I guess you know best, like when you let me go to die..."

"Take out the garbage."
"Okay. It just makes me sad to throw stuff away, like you threw me away to die..."

Man. If that kid has half a brain, he is going to be the most spoiled kid ever. He can win every argument with his mother for the rest of his life by bringing up how she left him to die. She will never be able to live that down.

That kid is set!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home