Friday, March 23, 2007

This is Weird...

Every year since I was seventeen, I have attended the yearly AmberCon convention in Michigan. It's a small roleplaying game convention dedicated to Amber Diceless Roleplaying, based on Roger Zelazny's famous Amber Series.

That's eighteen continuous years I've gone.

It's happening right now, and I'm not there.

And it feels really weird.

I can't think of much of anything else that I have done consistently since, what, 1989?

But, I guess it was time. The Con had gotten pretty stagnant, since the game isn't in print anymore and there's not much new blood. Most of the people I liked to hang out with aren't there any more, and most of the games I liked playing in have long since gone south.

But it's still weird not to be there, even if it is a shadow of what it once was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home